Vambo Entertainment is excited to announce auditions for an elite eight-week actor-training program that will culminate in a production of Vital Signs and the possibility of future professional events work with the company.
Vital Signs comprises 38 sometimes comic, sometimes poignant, sometimes mysterious monologues about quirky and eccentric women who, at their core, are wonderful representations of human behaviour.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for between 5 and 10 budding actresses (aged 18+) to play all of the different characters; the cast will be chosen based on each actresses commitment to perfecting her acting skills and on her ability to learn to play a wide variety of characters.
Auditions will be held in our studio in Jebel Ali Village at a prearranged time, please call us on 052 8429 582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your booking.
Audition slots are available between the 19th of December and the 10th of January 2016. You do not need to prepare a piece for the audition as you will be given a monologue to work on (with the help of the show’s Director) when you arrive.
THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Training will go hand-in-hand with rehearsals for the play and each actress will be given both ensemble and individual training during the 8-week period running up to the play.
The focus of the training will be on:
- Developing characters emotionally, vocally and physically in order to create believable performances.
- Script analysis and delivering meaning in performance
- The art of stage craft and the audience/actor relationship
- Stage presence and working as both a solo performer and in an ensemble
The Trainer and the show’s Director, Ashleigh-May Bawden, is a Drama graduate with over 10 years of experience working as an Actress, a Director and a Drama Teacher in the UAE, UK, Australia and Southern Africa. She started Vambo Entertainment in a bid to develop high quality entertainment in the UAE and launched the production branch of the company with ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf’ by Edward Albee in December 2015.
COST, DATES AND WHAT’S INCLUDED
- Participation in the program and resulting production will cost AED 500 payable to Vambo Entertainment at the first training session if you are selected for the show.
- The 8-week rehearsal and training program will start in mid January and the show will be performed on Thursday 17th, Friday 18th and Saturday 19th of March 2016.
- You will need to commit to 3-5hrs of training/rehearsal time per week. Timings to be confirmed.
- Your work will be filmed for you to use as a show reel for finding future acting work.
- Actresses selected for the program will have the potential to work for Vambo Entertainment on professional events, for example performing in our Hen Do and Baby Shower shows.